Marketing Strategy – City of Miami
Downtown Development Authority
Positioned Downtown Miami As A True “Work, Live, Play” Destination
Downtown Miami was a bustling place but only during the typical work hours. Rarely known for its retail, restaurants and residential spaces, Downtown Miami’s economy was suffering since its major economical foundation was solely in the business/office sector. Unlike Miami Beach, Coral Gables, and other multi-programmed locations, Downtown Miami needed its own identity and purpose beyond 5 o’clock.
Downtown Miami, which was undergoing a major facelift and re-development in several districts, needed to be positioned as a true “work, live, play” destination not just in Miami-Dade County but also in South Florida.
- Worked with Downtown Development Authority, City of Miami (government) and Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau to understand true and future landscape of Downtown.
- Conducted economic feasibility study.
- Interviewed major stakeholders in Downtown for insight and feedback on expectations.
- Partnered with prominent architectural firm to build Downtown Master Plan tiered according to development timing.
- Conducted multitude of residential and employee focus groups on perceptions and insights on Downtown Miami.
- Developed new City and district brands for relevant and actionable positioning.
- Developed multi-layered marketing program to promote new and unknown, but existing program offerings in Downtown boundaries.
- Consult with Beacon Council on headquarter / corporate office relocation programs and benefits.
- Increased purchase rate of residential condominium units by 20% in four key Downtown districts.
- Successfully launched Mary Brickell Village, a mixed-use retail, restaurant and residential hub within Downtown.
- Reduced retail turnover to 0% since project launch.
- Retail vacancy is at all time low of 5%.
- Resulting in a 20% higher margin increase.
- Increased spending in stores during non-work hours by 22% within 6 months of campaign launch
- Increased visitation of Downtown by locals and out-of-towners compared to one year prior (increased hotel room stays, Smith Travel Research, increased revenue YTD by existing establishments, etc.) .
- Texas Instruments
Strategic Marketing Program Launch
- Coder Camps
Video Generates Qualified Leads
- Pam Grace Creations
On-Line Video Marketing
Tradeshow Strategy & Launch
- Health Care
Diagnostic Imaging Practice
Multi-Tiered Marketing Campaign
- Chamber of Commerce, Decatur, AL
Interactive Video Marketing
Channel Partner Marketing
- Seal Southwest
Marketing & Sales Video
Channel Program & Incentives
- City of Miami
Multi-Layered Marketing Program