Meet The Team
Marketing Team Houston is made up of professional marketing consultants with over 100 years of combined experiences in supporting some of the most successful companies in the U.S., such as Hewlett Packard, Texas Instruments, Digital Equipment Corporation and many others. Our best-in-class consultants offer a broad range of marketing and business backgrounds, talents and industry knowledge. They have been successful at bringing world-class company strategies to mid-market companies and making a significant difference in their market position, market share and bottom line.
Strategic Marketing, Services Marketing, Program Management & Business Development
Doug received his Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Lamar University. Prior to co-founding Marketing Team Houston, he founded and managed a strategic marketing and professional services company. Previously Doug served as North American Marketing Director and Senior Program Manager for Hewlett Packard and as Marketing and Sales Director for Texas Instrument. With over 25 years of marketing and program management experiences on projects ranging from global to local, Doug brings a long and successful marketing career to Marketing Team Houston. In his capacity as marketing and program director, Doug was responsible for launching and managing numerous customer service product offerings, many of which resulted in multi-million dollars of new sales for the companies.
- Founder and manager of Professional Services company
- North American Marketing Manager & Global Staff – Hewlett Packard Company, Customer Services Marketing
- North American Marketing & Business Development Manager – Texas Instruments Incorporated
- 25+ years of Services Marketing, Program Management & Business Development success
Video Production, Marketing Consultant, Lead Generation & Program Management
Ken is an honors graduate of Texas A&M with a degree in Architecture specializing in computer technology. His 30+ year career is a unique blend of marketing instincts and technical know-how. Previously Ken served as a senior business development manager with Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) focusing on Fortune 500 companies such as Dow Chemical, Shell, Chevron, Kodak, and British Petroleum. Adams pioneered Internet marketing and eCommerce with technology leaders Intergraph Corporation and DXP Enterprises. With his strategic thinking and video production skills, Ken helped the Morgan County Chamber of Commerce bring a Boeing plant and 500 jobs to Decatur, Alabama. Adams makes it a point to understand his clients’ unique value proposition and target market, and as a result, he delivers greater market visibility and increased sales with his polished, high-tech, on-target videos.
- Strategic Sales & Business Development, Digital Equipment Corporation
- Business Development & Program Manager, Intergraph Corporation
- Internet Marketing Director, DXP Enterprises
- President of Video Production Company – A few major clients:
- Well Dynamics (joint venture of Halliburton & Shell)
- Merchants Choice Payment Solutions
- Seal Southwest
- Algae Production Systems
- Oak Harvest Financial Group
- Coder Camps
Business Planning, Marketing Strategy, Facilitation and Brand Development
In-depth Vertical Marketing Experience: Healthcare, Tourism, Real Estate and Education
Heather Schueppert is a classically-trained business and marketing strategist with over 15 years of experience with a specialty in healthcare, tourism, real estate/development and education. Her work plans and recommendations are always grounded in sound market research (qualitative and quantitative) that empowers her clients to make smart, strategic business decisions. Her career started at Leo Burnett in Chicago where she quickly became known as the marketing launch and turn-around expert; understanding the internal operations needed in order to effectively launch, expand or reposition a business, organization, network or destination. She is continually noted for providing invaluable knowledge, meeting deadlines, building relevant, impactful plans and overall surpassing expectations.
- Business Development Specialist, Leo Burnett USA
- Brand Strategist, Leo Burnett USA
- Senior Development Officer, San Jose Repertory Theatre
- Marketing & Business Strategist for Fortune 100 Clients
- A few major clients:
- Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Johnson & Johnson)
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Procter & Gamble
- Bahamas Ministry of Tourism
- Philip Morris
- Paramount Worldwide
Internet Marketing Consultant
Gary Remy sees himself as a business coach. He helps clients think strategically and market their business effectively on the Internet through website design and search engine optimization. His 20-year career boasts an impressive portfolio of experience. As Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Equalnet, he helped increase revenue from $12 million a year to $70 million. Later, Remy founded U. S. Republic, a web services company, and focused on the need for continual improvement in up-to-the-minute technology. In 1999, Gary negotiated the sale of U.S. Republic to Prodigy Communications for $100 million and was asked to remain at Prodigy as the president of their business division. Since 2002, Remy has turned those early experiences into a successful consulting career, helping clients make the most of their company’s online presence.
- Consultant, the High Tech Texan
- Consultant, Bison Building Supply
- Consultant, Jim Pruett’s Guns and Ammo
- Consultant, Eyemasters
- Consultant, Flexible Lifeline Systems
Marketing Consultant, Product Distribution, Channel Marketing, Communication & Program Management
Carol Eubank’s strong channel marketing experience provides unique insights for companies as they develop successful go-to-market plans. Eubank worked on the team that developed HP’s industry leading channel program, PartnerONE. There she led efforts to work with the Latin American region to implement the program across their multiple countries, finishing the project on time and on budget.
- Channel Marketing Manager, Hewlett-Packard
- Marketing Manager, Texas Instruments
- Marketing Strategist, Strategic Careers—IT Services Division
- Marketing Strategist, production of a Houston TV broadcaster’s sports memoir
Sales Consultant with a 360 Perspective
Talent Management Solutions, Closing the Gap between sales, management and results.
As every business knows there are two focal points that require constant development; systems and people. Juan focuses on the people aspects, specific to sales. With over 20 plus years working with sales teams and businesses of all sizes he understands what it takes to turn things around. Sales teams are successful when the right people are on board, management has developed a plan to maximize productivity and ownership keeps their eye on the big picture. Throughout Juan’s career he has not only excelled in personal sales and business development but has taught others the principals and processes needed in order to be successful. The refreshing addition is that he is still open to change and challenging the “Status Quo”. Juan knows teams need more than a boost, ownership wants more than temporary solutions.
- Talent Management – Selection Process, On-board Management & Performance Optimization
- Team Building
- Increasing sales & overall productivity
- Improving sales management and leadership performance
- Improving motivation and engagement of employees
Referral Marketing Trainer, Coach and Author
Genie Fuller has developed and perfected a goal-shattering business development strategy to obtain high-quality prospects through referrals. Focused primarily on professional service firms, she is a trainer, coach and most recently a producer of an e-learning process to obtain lucrative referred prospects. A master at generating referrals for profitable new business, Genie’s mission, for the last 25 years, has been to help her clients capitalize on their most important assets, the contacts of both their client base and business associates.
- Founder and president of highly successful nation-wide business referral network
- Upscale networking groups in 17 states and 38 cities
- Member sales from referrals exchanged over $230,000,000
- Trainer in accounting, financial investment, and law firms as well as banks. A few major clients:
- BKD, LLC
- PKF of Texas
- Jackson Walker
- Haynes and Boone
- BBVA Compass
- Wells Fargo Advisors
- Producer of e-learning series for professionals, Referrals 4 Profit
- Business development coach for professionals
- Author of user-friendly book, Winning the Referral Game
Marketing Strategy, Communications, and Branding
Linda Kay has a proven 15-year track record of implementing new business concepts, delivering creative solutions, and building relationships for national companies such as Kroger and Borden. Kay developed the Consumer Affairs department for the Houston Division of Kroger, which includes over 200 stores. She is dedicated to creating a competitive edge for small to medium sized businesses.
- VP of Business Development, Koenig Software Systems
- Marketing Strategist, Kroger
- Senior Publicist, Borden
- Marketing Strategist, Drake Beam Morin
Creative Director, Graphic Designer
Since 1993, Carl has worked in the graphic arts industry initially as a designer and later as a creative director in industries ranging from beauty/wellness to oil and gas. Throughout his career, Carl has worked with local, national and international companies to customize specific design strategies to fit each of their marketing projects.
- Branding Development and Logo Design
- Publication Design
- Consumer Product Packaging Design
- Business Collateral
- Financial and Annual Reports
- Website Design
- Prepress and Print Production
Print & Web Graphics Designer, WordPress Websites, SEO Implementation
With 20 years in the graphic and print industry, Zoe also focuses upon website design and trends. Highly creative and motivated, Zoe has applied her abilities on projects ranging from book covers, mural walls, websites showcasing products, website banners & badges and multipage brochures. As static websites built on HTML are becoming rapidly outdated, Zoe focuses on WordPress technology and loves its innovative, customizable and user-friendly platform. She is skilled at migrating websites or upgrading current websites to state-of-the-art WordPress.
- Broad range of applications and software including; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, CODA, CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), and PHP.
- Book layout, cover design and publications and e-publications
- Copywriting and describing an idea or product in a clear attractive manner while implementing SEO strategies and techniques.
- Email newsletters and custom graphics for email campaigns.
- Shopping cart functions and e-commerce to bring digital or physical products online for purchase.
Graphic Designer, Artist, Photographer, All-around Creative Consultant
Christi Hellrung focuses her creative eye on helping her clients make a lasting first impression. As Assistant Art Director at Bozell and Jacobs Ad Agency, Hellrung honed her skills of crafting marketing pieces that contain clear, concise messages as well as the clean design necessary to reach the target market. With 25 years of experience in the industry, she is fluent in traditional art forms like painting and product photography, as well as computer-based mediums. Hellrung believes in using the client’s own ideas, melding them with concept and style, to generate a successful result.
- Designer, direct mail packages for major magazines, Ken Schneider & Associates
- Designer, ads, brochures, product catalogue, trade show display, Dycor Manufacturing
- Consultant & Designer, re-branding, creation of logos, websites, signage, marketing pieces, The Clerkley Watkins Group, Architects
- Designer, marketing pieces, Blue Apple
Attorney, Legal Advice for Businesses, Copyright, Trademark, Contracts, Collections
Joanne has been working in the legal field since 1992, first as a legal secretary, and then as a paralegal for Haynes and Boone, handling international trademark portfolios in their Houston, Austin, and Dallas offices. This “from the ground floor up” experience gives Joanne a unique, customer-oriented approach to the practice of law. Joanne received her Bachelor of Arts degree from The University of Texas at Austin, and then went on to receive her J.D. from St. Mary’s University School of Law in 2002. Joanne’s practice has focused on representing businesses and individuals in commercial transactions and commercial litigation since 2002, and she has amassed significant litigation experience in the process. Consequently, she can advise clients regarding the legal aspects of running a business, possible pitfalls to avoid, and best practices for handling and/or avoiding litigation costs. Specifically, she can advise clients regarding business agreements, business contracts, service agreements, entity formation including partnership agreements and dbas, confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure agreements, copyrights, trademarks, litigation, and debt collection.
- Intellectual Property Paralegal, Haynes & Boone: handled patents, trademarks, copyrights, and real estate transactions
- Litigation Associate, Devlin, Naylor & Turbyfill: represented creditors throughout Texas regarding debt collection matters
- Litigation Associate, Cokinos, Bosien & Young: represented clients regarding litigation, construction law, medical malpractice and debt collection matters
- Litigation Associate, Hughes, Watters, Askanase: represented clients regarding litigation, debt collection, and mortgage fraud matters
- Law Firm Founder: representing companies and individuals regarding litigation, contracts, collections, and real estate matters.
Christa Eshleman’s world is words. A former journalist and editor, Eshleman now puts her skills to use copy editing and crafting scripts, press releases, magazine articles, web content, and creative pieces for companies and non-profits. She also works as a writing instructor for the Lone Star College system and has taught intro writing courses at the University of Houston as well. Her 14-year writing/teaching career has honed her research skills and taught her the importance of creating text that is on point, concise, yet approachable for the average person.
- Writer, video scripts and magazine articles, Sunbelt Reporting
- Writer, video script, Bizopia
- Writer, video script, Merchants Choice Payment Solutions
- Writer, Web site content, Visible Conversions
- News reporter, The Brownwood Bulletin
If you need text, Nan McCreary can deliver it. From printed and digital materials for target markets, to press releases, magazine/newsletter articles, Web content, advertising copy or video scripts, McCreary can do it all. Her impressive 40-year career boasts a portfolio with over 150 marketing scripts that targeted a wide variety of business markets, including finance, safety, construction, education, and chemical industries. McCreary prides herself on crafting simple, concise text, as demonstrated when a client needed a video and workbook to produce a lesson for its employees on specific OSHA regulations. She researched the regulations thoroughly and was able to translate technical details in a way that could be easily understood in the new course materials.
- Writer, website copy, Koenig Software Systems
- Writer, video script & workbook, Safety Short Production, Inc.
- Writer, video script & ancillary materials, Foundation for Financial Literacy
Voice Over Artist, Public Relations, Marketing, Sales
Marshall Levit is “the voice.” Levit combines his creative speaking talent with a business skill set. He has been providing professional, authentic audio narrations for small business owners, non-profits, marketing directors of corporations and universities, and film/video producers since 2008.
- Voice over artist, Deborah Duncan TV show
- Voice over artist, University of St. Thomas
- Voice over artist, RainMaker Marketing
- Voice over artist, Visible Conversions
- Voice over artist, Legacy Multimedia Video
On-camera Spokesperson and Public Relations
Bill Ross offers a professional “face” for a company. Ross has appeared as a spokesperson for dozens of companies both on television and on the Internet, including some acting for numerous movies and television shows like “Puncture” and “Friday Night Lights” and independent productions. Before becoming an actor, Ross was a television news anchor and reporter for 13 years and also practiced corporate law in Houston. These diverse experiences give Ross a business perspective few other spokespersons can claim.
- Spokesperson, Built Wright Homes
- Spokesperson, Heart Fit Clinic
- Spokesperson, Gulf Coast Auto Park
- Spokesperson, The Kennion Group